This year’s 17th Annual Science & Advocacy Symposium continues to pick up momentum. This past month, we've added new speakers and sponsors for this one-of-a-kind event.
Mark your calendars to join us for a unique, stimulating and collaborative gathering focused on curative interventions: September 23-24, 2022, in Salt Lake City, Utah.
We've got a growing line-up of great speakers from all spheres of the Scientific and SCI Communities. Here are our newly confirmed speakers:
- Quinn Brett, MA - U2FP Board Member, National Parks employee, and Outdoor enthusiast. Quinn is also the focus of a recently released documentary about her personal journey with SCI, called An Accidental Life.
- John Gensel, PhD - Acting Director of the Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center (SCoBIRC) at the University of Kentucky School of Medicine. His lab is interested in understanding the biological mechanisms that regulate central nervous system inflammation.
- Barry Munro, LLB - U2FP Board Member and Chief Development Officer of the Canadian/American Spinal Research Organization, as well as Executive Council member of North American Spinal Cord Injury Consortium (NASIC). Barry is a veteran of the SCI Advocacy Community.
- Cédric G. Geoffroy, PhD - Assistant Professor in the Department of Neuroscience & Experimental Therapeutics at Texas A&M University. His lab's focus is to better understand the molecular, cellular and physiological changes occurring after neurotrauma, in particular after spinal cord injury (SCI)
The above individuals join our top-tier lineup of confirmed speakers that include Spinal Stimulation researchers like Reggie Edgerton, Susan Harkema and David Darrow; Collaborative Projects from Jerry Silver, Monica Perez, and Candace Floyd; and out-of-the-box engineers like Samuel Stupp and Florian Solzbacher; along with Utah's premier SCI advocate Dale Hull, co-founder and Executive Director of Neuroworx.
Venue & Lodging
Our special group rate at the Sheraton Salt Lake City hotel is open and available for booking. Don’t wait - reserve your room now!
Be sure to check out the Symposium section of our website, and watch your inbox for our newsletter with the latest updates, such as Travel Grant opportunities, registration opening, early bird pricing and more!
Follow and like our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn pages to stay abreast of Symposium developments and details.
Highlight your work and strengthen your brand in a stimulating environment that focuses on the SCI Community. Increase your market reach nationally and internationally, all while supporting a ground-breaking conference.
This year’s Symposium wouldn't be happening without the tremendous support of our title sponsor, The Craig H. Neilsen Rehabilitation Hospital.
And we continue to add more sponsors for this important gathering. Consider sponsoring U2FP's Annual Symposium and joining these other great organizations this year:
- Craig H. Neilsen Foundation
- Global Technology Services
- The Dana & Christopher Reeve Foundation
- Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Blackrock Neurotech
- NervGen Pharma
- Invivo Therapeutics
- DP Clinical
- Craig Hospital
We’re planning a dynamic agenda, and have some unique offerings in the works, so stay tuned!
Finall - remember that you can watch every session of last year’s Symposium for free over on the Video Library section of our website. Check it out!