Tomorrow morning, Dr. Murray Blackmore, Mike Mohr and Dan Hellenbrand will testify in support of our $3M SCI Research Grant Bill (SB27) before the Wisconsin Senate Committee on Health. Dr. Blackmore's mother suffered from a spinal cord injury, while both Mike and Dan both live with the injury.
Dan Hellenbrand (pictured above, left) is also a research specialist at the University of Wisconsin Medical School. Dan joined us at the Capitol last month and was able to convince Rep. Jesse James (above, right) to sign on as a co-author of our $3M SCI Research Grant Bill.
Help strengthen their testimony by contacting these 3 Senators on the Health Committee today, asking them to vote in support of our $3M SCI Research Grant Bill (SB27).
- Senator Patrick Testin (R - Stevens Point)
(608) 266-3123 | Sen.Testin@legis.wisconsin.gov
- Senator Mary Felzkowski (R - Irma)
(608) 266-2509 | Sen.Felzkowski@legis.wisconsin.gov
- Senator André Jacque (R - DePere)
(608) 266-3512 | Sen.Jacque@legis.wisconsin.gov
When you contact these Senators, you should say something like this:
Dear [Senator Name Here],
My name is ____ ______, and I [have a spinal cord injury / am family/friend of someone with a spinal cord injury]. Please vote in support of our Spinal Cord Injury Research Grant Bill (SB27) at the Health Committee hearing this Wednesday, March 1st.
This is a smart, efficient bill that would:
Keep the funds in Wisconsin
Allow SCI Community members like me to help decide what research gets funded
Cap indirect costs at 8% (ie no bloated admin costs)
This legislation will get SCI research out of the lab and into people like [me/my family/friend]. We desperately need this bill to be heard and passed this session. Our community can’t wait!
Once you’re done contacting those Senators, please call Senators Carpenter, Cabral-Guevara, and Hesselbein and thank them for pledging to vote for our bill in tomorrow's health committee hearing.
- Senator Rachael Cabral-Guevara (R - Appleton)
(608) 266-0718 | Sen.Cabral-Guevara@legis.wisconsin.gov
- Senator Dianne H. Hesselbein (D - Middleton)
(608) 266-6670 | Sen.Hesselbein@legis.wisconsin.gov
- Senator Tim Carpenter (D - Milwaukee)
(608) 266-8535 | Sen.Carpenter@legis.wisconsin.gov
We need as many people as possible to contact these senators so that our bill passes out of their committee and moves forward.
Please contact these legislators today - no matter where you live - and tell them to support SB27!
Finally, if you want to watch our testimony, click on the following link tomorrow at 10:00AM Central Time: https://wiseye.org/live/