Dale Hull (MD, MPA) Co-founder and Executive Director of Neuroworx, presenting last year at U2FP’s Symposium in Salt Lake City. Click here to watch Dr. Hull’s presentation: Who Needs Outpatient Rehab Anyway?
We’ve been busy building our agenda for this year’s 18th Annual Science & Advocacy Symposium. I wanted to give you a quick update on some newly confirmed speakers as well as remind you of some key details, so you can start making plans for this one-of-a-kind gathering of the SCI and Scientific Communities.
Mark your calendars to join us on October 20-21, 2023, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Check out our diverse list of confirmed speakers and panelists so far, representing a wide array of perspectives from the regulatory, research, rehab and industry spheres of the SCI world:
- Linda Bambrick is a Program Director at the Division of Neuroscience in Extramural Programs at National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) managing a portfolio of grants and cooperative agreements in the areas of spinal cord injury, peripheral nerve injury and axonal regeneration.
- Murray Blackmore is Professor in the Department of Biomedical Sciences at Marquette University
- Ann Goding is a Physical Therapist at Minneapolis VA Medical Center
- Noam Harel is Associate Professor of Neurology, Rehabilitation and Human Performance at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai as a part of the Bronx VA’s Neurorehabilitation program.
- Elizabeth Koch is a Doctor of Physical Therapy at Minneapolis VA Health Care System
- Megan Moynihan is the Executive Director of the Institute for Functional Restoration at Case Western Reserve University
- Bill Murphy is Director of the Forward BIO Institute, and Harvey D. Spangler Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Professor of Orthopedics & Rehabilitation at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. (Keep an eye out for our forthcoming interview with Bill on the next episode of U2FP's CureCast podcast).
- Sasha Rabchevsky is Professor of Physiology and Endowed Chair #1, Spinal Cord & Brain Injury Research Center, University of Kentucky
- Nate Torgerson is the Senior Distinguished Systems Engineer, Bakken Fellow, Technical Fellow, Neuromodulation at Medtronic
- Sakina Valika is a licensed physical therapist and board-certified Neuro Clinical Specialist at TryAbility Neurorecovery Center
Our special group rate at the Minneapolis Hilton hotel is open and available for booking. Don’t wait - reserve your room now!
Be sure to check out the Symposium section of our website, and watch your inbox for our newsletter with the latest updates, such as Travel Grant opportunities, registration opening, early bird pricing and more!
Follow and like our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn pages to stay abreast of Symposium developments and details.
This year’s Symposium wouldn't be happening without the tremendous support of our title sponsor, The University of Minnesota Department of Rehabilitation Medicine.
And we continue to add more sponsors for this important gathering. Consider sponsoring U2FP's Annual Symposium and joining these other great organizations this year:
- Craig H. Neilsen Foundation
- The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation
- Allina Health - Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
- DP Clinical
- Craig Hospital
- Miami Project
We’re planning a dynamic agenda, and have some unique offerings in the works, so stay tuned!
PS - Remember that you can watch every session of last year’s Symposium for free over on the Video Library section of our website. Check it out!