Above: SCI panelists with stim implants talk at U2FP’s Annual Symposium 2019 in Cleveland.
Do you know anyone who has participated in a trial using transcutaneous or epidural stimulation? At this year’s symposium, we have once again put together a panel of individuals who have had a spinal cord stimulator implanted. We think it's critical to hear directly and honestly from our community about their experiences. So, we will have a group of SCI folks who have either participated in trials and/or have been implanted clinically with these devices seeking to restore function.
We will be talking with these panelists about what happened, what return of function they have and have not experienced, what kind of rehabilitation they are engaged in, and what kinds of challenges or complications they have experienced.
So, come with your questions and don’t be shy. Having these exchanges and hearing directly from our community is crucial for getting where we all want to go: meaningful restoration of function.
Discounts and Grants
- Right now all registrants save 30% with Early Bird pricing
- Individuals with an SCI and their family members get an additional 50% off!
- Students get an additional 50% off
- Personal Care Assistants receive a free registration (limit 1).
- Travel Grants available to individuals with paralysis: apply here.
Check out our confirmed speakers and panelists who will join our excellent roster of presenters from the regulatory, research, rehab and industry spheres of the SCI world. Explore our Agenda here.
Venue & Lodging
Our group block is nearly full, so we’ve listed nearby hotels on our conference hotel page. Take a look and reserve your room now!
Consider joining our growing list of sponsors. Your company or organization will benefit by being aligned with cutting-edge research (know where SCI research is headed to stay ahead of the curve), and receive great brand exposure while demonstrating your commitment to curative therapies. Plus, your support helps fund our registration discounts and travel scholarships for SCI attendees!
This year’s Symposium wouldn't be happening without the tremendous support of our Title Sponsor, The University of Minnesota Department of Rehabilitation Medicine! And a special thanks to this year's Networking Sponsor, Aneuvo. Consider joining our growing list of sponsors:
- Craig H. Neilsen Foundation
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- The Rabchevsky Foundation
- Global Technology Services
- Mayo Clinic
- Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation
- Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Institute for Functional Restoration
- NervGen Pharma
- Allina Health - Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute
- Push to Walk
- Craig Hospital
- DP Clinical
- Regions Hospital
- EA Therapeutic Health
- Conquer Paralysis Now
- The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis
We're excited to bring the SCI and Scientific communities together for this one-of-a-kind collaborative event.